GDIT is looking for a highly motivated, software developer to join our experienced Rapid Application Development Team (RADT). RADT’s mission is to provide technical expertise and hands-on development to enterprise application owners in order to modify the applications to be Public Key Enabled (PKE); implement Attribute Based Access Control (ABAC); and audit a variety of user events in order to satisfy information assurance requirements. The candidate will have the opportunity to work with an experienced team to learn the concepts and available enterprise PKE, ABAC, and audit solutions. The candidate will be exposed to a myriad of programming languages (java, C#, etc.) and a variety of applications types (client/server, desktop, and web-based). In addition, the successful candidate will work with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and be familiar with AWS technologies and application development in the AWS environment. The mid-level software developer will be expected to work with limited supervision or guidance, have excellent written and oral communication, and be able to lead technical exchange meetings with customers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent trouble-shooter; understand PKE, ABAC, and audit concepts; be able to reverse engineer applications to determine how to apply PKE, ABAC, and/or audit solutions; execute the development within a set timeline; and be an independent and motivated developer. The software developer will need to have a broad scope of basic understanding/experience with networking, cloud technologies, identity and access management concepts, web services, agile development methodologies, and web development technologies.
GDIT duties may also include:
Builds and codes applications and/or models using various computer programming languages.
1. Plans, develops, tests, and documents highly complex applications programs.
2. Generates new code and corrects, converts, and/or modifies existing code to meet specifications.
3. Prepares detailed specifications from which code will be written.
4. Confers with end-users to analyze specified methods and procedures, identify problems, and document specific requirements.
5. Leads staff involved in writing and updating technical documentation such as users' manuals, product specifications, and training materials.
6. Performs a variety of testing procedures on assigned products, analyzes test results, and corrects problems.
7. Prepares reports on analyses, findings, and project progress, and presents results to management and/or customer personnel.
8. Serves as a customer interface to ensure problems are resolved and requirements are met in a timely manner.
9. Performs research on emerging technologies to determine impact on application execution.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced programmers, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. Serves as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
10-15 years of directly related computer programming experience.
#dpost #cjpost #SWDevIC
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS