Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
1. Performs complex systems development and design work that may include logic design, I/O design, firmware development, model formulation, manufacturing and development cost projections, computer architecture analysis and design, and analog or digital systems engineering.
2. Performs systems modeling, simulation, and analysis.
3. Participates in the upgrading of operating systems and design of systems enhancements.
4. Provides input for documentation on new or existing systems.
5. Develops and conducts tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
6. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves system problems.
7. Provides system/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
8. Determines system specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
9. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced systems engineers.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as assigned.
Minimum Education Required:
BS or BA degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or a "Relevant Technical Discipline".
Minimum Experience Required:
At least six (6) years of recent relevant experience.
Minimum of ten (10) years’ experience with Systems Engineering disciplines and protocols to include comprehensive knowledge of specific system(s).
Demonstrated planning, defining and implementing architectures to support business and engineering applications and data, focusing on data access in useful formats, adapting to changing business needs, accurate and consistent data, organizational data sharing, maintaining affordable costs.
Demonstrated experience in technical leadership in identifying, formulating, designing and or testing practical solutions to IT problems and guide the engineering development of modern complex systems.
Demonstrated experience employing systems engineering methods and tools in the development of advanced complex IT systems.
Working knowledge of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
IAM Level III in Information Assurance (IA) in accordance with DoDD 8140.01 "Cyberspace Workforce Management" (or achieve within six months after TOA).
Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS).
Top Secret clearance required at time of hire. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required. Individual must be eligible under the SAP Nomination Process for access to SAP/SAR.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Software Powered by iCIMS